Neville Longbottom is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.


Saturday 8 January 2011

Cheerios.

Yesterday at school, my trousers split. Right over the crotch area. Because I was trying to do splits across two tables. Which meant I couldn't sit like a man as per usual (slouched low in chair, legs open), and had to sit like a lady with my legs crossed, for once. MAJOR CRINGE, that's all I have to say.


Why is there no cheese in this house?

We're having a new kitchen fitted in our house, so all of our food is strewn about in random places. Today I found a string of sausages hanging across the cupboard-under-the-stairs, and a box of Cheerios on top of the piano. No wonder I cannot find any decent food to eat. Sometimes I feel like making myself a cheese-and-tomato toastie with my new George Foreman Lean-Mean-Fat-Reducing-Grilling-Machine, but there is NO CHEESE. How are you supposed to make a toastie with NO CHEESE? It'll just fall apart.

Speaking of Cheerios, they're really nice with toffee yoghurt. Try it.


Revising Maths is so much easier with MathsWatch. Contrary to what my friends say, the woman's voice is quite soothing and not at all annoying, in my opinion. I've learnt waay more in the past coupla days than in the past coupla YEARS with my (no longer bearded) Maths teacher. Maths has never been so fun.



Here are the lyrics to the Maths Club song I learnt in Year 7. It helps me a lot during exams.

2.2 whole pounds of jam
Weigh about a kilogram.
A litre of water
Is a pint and three quarters.
And a yard is 3 feet long.

16 ounces in a pound.
2 pi r the distance round.
A cubic decimetre
Is exactly one whole litre.
Now we'll never get that wrong.

When we are squaring
We take lots of care in
The units we get.
Ten thousand m squared is just off a hectare.
Now we'll never forget.

A thousand kilos make a ton.
14 pounds are in a stone.
A million cubic centimetres
In a cubic metre.
It's a maths group unit song... yeah!

This song has been stuck in my head on repeat for years now.

2 comments:

  1. LOLOLOL I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR TROUSERS SPLIT!
    I HAVE LOTS OF CHEESE STRING THAT I COULD MAIL TO YOU IF NECESSARY.
    I LIKE YOUR MATHS SONG AND I LIKE CHEERIOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across this while trying to find the full lyrics for the maths song. Any chance you go/went to Rugby High? I learned this song when I was in year 7 in 1999! x

    ReplyDelete

Whattup, dog.