Neville Longbottom is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.


Tuesday 4 January 2011

Milk Tea

GUESS WHO'S BACK IN DA HOOD?

Actually I was back 5 days ago. But I couldn't be bothered to go on the computer. Pssshh. I love waking up at 6am every day and watching back to back episodes of different TV series on CBBC. Yesterday it was MI High, which I used to obsessively watch in Year 7. Only cos Blaine was really hot. The other day it was Dani's House, which is actually really funny.


So beautiful.


 Currently still vairy tired and jet lagged (how is that still possible?) so have been rejecting all offers of various New Years sales shopping trips- much as it kills me, cos I do love a good bargain hunt around January time- and "chilling in the park" (literally, with this weather) Why am I so lazy? I even could not be bothered to see my friend who only returns to England from Australia twice a year. The ultimate betrayal especially since I first journeyed the path of Harry Potter with her: we had our own Harry Potter dance, had conversations purely with Harry Potter quotes, pulled all-nighters watching Harry Potter... as you do. *Sigh*.



When did I become so... uncool?!!!



Hrrumph. Must. Get. Out.



On another note, my mama is still in la Chine. I miss her lots and lots because my dad doesn't fold my clothes neatly into squares or make my bed :(   On our plane back from Chiner, the plane was half empty (or half full, depending on which way you want to look at it) and I had a whole row to myself so I lay down across the 3 seats to sleep. It was a blissful relief from the earlier drama in the airport when me and my dad's shared suitcase amounted to 40kg, which apparently is not allowed even though we were sharing the luggage weight allowance between two people. My dad started shouting angrily at the dudes who worked there, and it was scary. The hardcore scar in his eyebrow was twitching (apparently he got it from wrestling a snake. I'm not sure whether to believe it or not).

This trip to China was unbelievably depressing. We just visited my grandma in hospital, and other than that stayed in my grandmother's flat with NO CENTRAL HEATING and it was bloody FREEZING. My record was wearing 7 tops, a cardigan, hoodie, gilet and coat, all at once. No wonder my cousins thought I put on loads of weight (that's true, although I just laughed and told them "of course it's all the clothes that I'm wearing.") My sister was being extremely dull and revising for her exams. PAH.

I was VERY shocked by the conditions in the Chinese hospital. The first day we got there, there were loads of beds in the corridor with sick people on them as there were not spare rooms, but luckily my parents paid for my grandmamma to have a 'luxury' room with air con. That was a joke. It was really dirty, the nurses didn't change the bed sheets,and they only cleaned once a day. I am so glad I brought a lot of disinfectant and hand sanitiser with me.

In China, the nurses and doctors do NOTHING for the patients except give them medicine, so my mum and her brother had to take it in turns to sit with my 家家(grandma, in Sichuanese) all the time, and change her clothes, adult nappies, empty her wee bag, clean her, feed her, get replace her IV- EVERYTHING. I don't know how my mum coped doing that for 2 weeks straight, with only a few naps during the day. I admire her. Basically in China, the family have to do everything, and if you got no family... well, you're stuffed.

The same goes with funerals. This gets even more depressing, so I'll put it in another post. On a brighter note, I was able to drink a lot of dericious MILK TEA, as endorsed by Jay Chou. Mmmm, my favourite, but don't try the strawberry flavour as it is SO sickly.



I agree, Jay Chou.
 

1 comment:

  1. "chilling in the park" (literally, with this weather)
    HAHAHAHHA.
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAA.
    I'M HAPPY THAT YOU'RE BACK IN DA HOOD.

    ReplyDelete

Whattup, dog.